So, one of the things I’ve learned is that when you’re busy and working in film, it’s really hard to find the time to do that “self promotion thing” called marketing. Writing a blog, updating your website, adding new content to your vimeo, youtube and website….takes time.
But in the interest of creating…well… interest in what’s going on in Schott Productions world, here’s a quick rundown:
- Producer Sue Lange and Director Andrew Pochan are in production on DUST NUGGETS, a feature film about a band that will take you into that crazy world of sex, drugs and rock & roll. Eric Roberts and Robert Picardo are both appearing in the film. Poster attached!
- FINDING JENN’S VOICE continues to show its relevance. Just back from the Conference on Crimes Against Women in Dallas, prepping for an appearance at the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence conference, getting ready to release a police training program, and working on a digital platform for the film.
- In preproduction on FROM THE RIVER, a documentary on the history of Reading and Berks County.
- In development on BLACKOUT GIRL, another documentary examining the intersection of sexual assault and addiction, featuring Jennifer Storm, and directed by Sylvia Caminer, who by the way just won an Emmy.
- And LE BON CHEF… a dramedy penned by Sue and Tracy – seeking investors!
It’s been quite a while since we posted anything… so here’s quick update (i.e. excuse as to why we’re so poor at self-marketing!) We’ve been kind of busy:
- FINDING JENN’S VOICE - our award winning documentary film about Intimate Partner homicide has been very well received by professional audiences everywhere, who just love to bring Tracy to their conferences and educational events…so she’s been on the road a bit, dividing her time as a filmmaker/social worker!
- We have 2 new documentaries in development – BLACKOUT GIRL (with author Jennifer Storm) on the relationship between trauma and addiction; and a cool project on the history of Reading and Berks County PA (actually started shooting this one!)
- We recently shot FRANKLIN STREET STATION – a pilot for a television show created by Santo Marabella and directed by Tracy
- We’re in development on another television project (a dramedy of sorts) called LE BON CHEF, which Tracy is co-writing with Sue Lange.
- There are a number of commercial and corporate projects in house (that actually pay the bills!)
- AND Tracy is the Creative Director of ReadingFilmFEST for the 4th year…
We’re happy to announce that DVDs for educational screenings are now available. The DVDs include the full film, plus extra content not previously seen. Additionally, you’ll gain access to online content to help your organization discuss the film and gain insight into the issues of intimate partner homicide, intimate partner violence and the risks of pregnancy.
Click here to learn more!
After 3 1/2 years of interviewing, traveling, researching, grant-writing, fundraising, filming, writing, and editing…it’s done! Creating Finding Jenn’s Voice has been an overwhelming and ultimately gratifying experience. Many thanks to all of you who supported this important project!
A feature documentary, Finding Jenn’s Voice examines the 2011 murder of Jennifer Snyder and explores the risks of intimate partner homicide. Learn more about the film at https://FindingJennsVoice.com.
We’re gonna make a movie. We’re gonna make a movie!!!!
On Tuesday July 29th, we will launch the Seed&Spark Campaign for Finding Jenn’s Voice, our documentary film on intimate partner homicide – the leading cause of death during pregnancy! Please consider making a donation at www.seedandspark.com/studio/finding-jenns-voice.
Click here for a sneak preview of our campaign pitch video!
After 5 busy months of commercial production work, we’re looking forward to stepping up the production of Finding Jenn’s Voice and launching our Seed&Spark crowdfunding campaign for the film. Please follow us at www.findingjennsvoice.com and on our Finding Jenn’s Voice Facebook page.